Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Glacier Bay Day

Just a short note today. Absolutly spectacular scenery today. Woke up to overcast skies with light rain but the clouds went away and we had sunshine and glaciers and tall white-capped mountains. A bald eagle was perched on the top of the glacier and I saw a brown (or grizzly) bear on the shore as well as a couple of seals. Lunch on the Lido deck was bar-b-qued fresh salmon and mussels and clams in a white wine broth. YUM! I have managed to have salmon at every meal so far. I think I'll have to buy some in Juneau tomorrow and ship it home. Tomorrow we have 13 hours in Juneau and I'll be taking the raft trip from Mendenhal Glacier down to the sea. Saw the big production number last night and the singers & dancers were very good. Then we went to the piano bar to hear Nathan do his Broadway program. He has written a musical that is currently running off-off Broadway and the song he sang from it is one I'd like to see some GALA choruses do. He'll have it up on his website in a month. It's called "Unconditional Love" and has great lyrics. I am currently sitting in the Crows Nest on the very top of the ship in the library and looking out as we pass high mountains. This trip has been everything I'd hoped it would be and we still have most of it to go.

Check out some pictures of Margerie Glacier at Glacier Bay.

And some other photos of sailing in Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment